Some interesting facts
Did you know:
- that in 2017, De Schatberg was awarded 5 stars again by the Dutch ANWB and received Best Camping status as well! Hip, hip, hurray!
- that De Schatberg was founded in 1965, which means we celebrated our 50th anniversary in 2015.
- that De Schatberg was named Best Camping 20015 by ANWB and ADAC.
- that De Schatberg was named best campsite in the Netherlands 2014 by the German Camping Club (DCC).
- that most facilities at De Schatberg are REALLY open all year round.
- that we hire at least 100 holiday workers every summer.
- that we organise a ghost tour every year, with the help of 40 volunteers, which almost 1,000 guests participate in.
- that for 3 years in a row, we have been organising a very successful food fair through which we raise money for a good cause. We hope that this will become a strong tradition, just like the big ghost tour.
- that the water at the water skiing course is up to 20 metres deep in some places.
- that the sand derived from this lake was used for the construction of the A67 motorway. The road to the deepest point underwater is still present as well.